Tomorrow I’ll join 14 others in Memphis and board a plane to begin a two week trip in Africa (Click the map to the left for greater detail). To say I’m excited is an understatement. As I’ve said earlier, as long as internet access allows, I hope to post updates here from time to time. I’ll probably use Twitter much more, which is how those little one or two sentence posts appear at the top of my home page. You can find all my updates on Rob’s LifeStream page. I’m not taking my good camera. Instead, I’ll be using my Blackberry’s camera. You may occasionally see in my Twitter updates a reference to Twitpic and a link with it. That’s pictures I’m sending. Click the link to see the picture.
The whole team asks that you be praying for us and our activities there.
- The places where we’ll be are really hopeless. The poverty is indescribable. The suffering is gut-wrenching. Pray that we will bring the light and hope of Jesus Christ to every place we step foot.
- The spiritual darkness is palpable. You feel it. Pray that God will give us courage, boldness, and safety.
- On a trip like this, it’s easy to fall into a “tourist” mentality and lose focus on the reason for being there. Pray that we will be focused on the mission and the people we are serving.
- Pray that when we leave, God has used us to bring real change and hope to the places we’ve left.
- Pray that the team will never be the same as a result of what we see God do and how He uses us.