Perry Noble is the church planter and pastor of NewSpring Church, a phenomenal church in Anderson, SC, and now also in Greenville, SC. I have been following him, and NewSpring, for a long time. He’s been a surrogate church planting coach for me and I’ve never even met the guy! If you’re a church planter, you really need to get hooked up with his blog feed.
Today Perry has started a list of seven types of people church planters/pastors should look out for. He’s spot on so far:
1. The “I’m Going to Leave If” person.
2. The “Let Me Tell You How Much Money I Have” person.
[Edit: July 17, 2008 – Adding Perry’s next three – this guy writes like he’s been there!]
3. The “Feed Me” person.
4. The “At My Other Church” person.
5. The “This is Too Big” person.
[Edit: July 18,2008 – Added Perry’s last two]
6. The “I Want to Know the Pastor If I’m Going to Be Here” person.
7. The “This Place is Too Judgmental” person.
He gives a little more detail on each type of person. Check it out church planters.